Tuesday, February 5, 2008

A general sort of blah.


I really don't feel like doing much of anything lately- not even knitting! I think it has something to do with the looming arrival of my family... because that marks the end of this adventure. Hungary has been a life-changing experience, and knowing that as soon as they get here I have to stop living like an independent Hungarian is really bringing me down. I really miss K and my friends and family in the States, but as February 16 gets closer and closer the less I want to leave. Couldn't they all just come here?

I did the first really "touristy" thing I've done for a while today- souvenir shopping at the Nagy Vasarcsarnok. I don't intend on bringing many people souvenirs, although Pat is getting paprika and my sister's getting a set of Magyar kartya for her birthday next month. I also bought myself a Ferencvaros soccer scarf, and I may go back to Vaci utca and get a Magyarorszag soccer scarf as well- I saw a really nice-looking one at a "dark shop"-like souvenir stand. I love my Hungary, and I love my scarves, but I HATE knitting them. Even if soccer scarves look like they'd be fun at a larger gauge- they're essentially two seamed intarsia pieces with a fringe- I just don't really like scarves!

I actually haven't knit a stitch since last post. This isn't good... I think I'm going to drag out my Knucks and do the repair knitting on them I've been intending to do for a while. Some mindless knitting sounds good to me now.

No comments: