So, I've been off traveling with my family. They came to visit me in BP, then we went to Paris, city of lights and really unfavorable exchange rates. Now, I am reluctantly home. Although I saw Cait which makes everything better!
I was tagged by knittchick and Rachel (a.k.a. fiberfiend6891)
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
1. I've been in 19 different countries over the past 6 months.
2. I have a bit of a talent for languages. English is the only one I speak fluently, but I can get by at a semi-native level in French, I have an intermediate proficiency in Japanese, I can sort of hack Hungarian, and I can read and understand (but not speak) survival German and Spanish. Add my ability to relate stuff to those, and this means I can get by in every European country that doesn't use a Slavic language, and some that do.
3. My first knitaversary is in March! My first project was a pair of Malabrigo ankle socks. My second was the Malabrigo knee socks (a.k.a. Spiked Socks of Battle).
4. I get repeated compliments on my Robert Frost Knucks, which makes me think I need to write up a post on how I did them so everyone else can try making awesome fingerless gloves.
5. I gravitate towards things that are knit in pairs: socks, gloves, mittens, handwarmers, etc. Second ____ Syndrome normally only happens when I'm vastly dissatisfied with the first.
6. I'm a long-time gamer. The Fam and I are Nintendo loyalists to an extent. My favorites are RPGs and rhythm games- DDR, Donkey Konga, Karaoke Revolution, and Guitar Hero! I'm just learning how to play Hard on GH3, I play Standard on DDR, Advanced on Konga and Karaoke Revolution.
7. I fence! My former coach, Akos, was an Olympic pentathlete and he is FREAKING SWEET.
Kaya and Nabby