Monday, January 7, 2008

More Sock Tales.

I survived New Year's in Copenhagen and cast on for Baudelaire while waiting for my train. LOVE the figure-eight cast-on. It's all seamless and pretty-looking. Anyway... apparently only the FOOT made it onto my iPod. LAME. So, I stashed the foot of the first Baudelaire into my bag and started Monkey.

Monkey 1 was finished in Cait's boyfriend's living room. Cait's boyfriend's name is Manuel, and I highly approve of him. He's kind of like what would happen if you took D.A.V. and threw him through an inverter- shy, quiet, laid-back - except retaining the talented-but-still-self-conscious part. Except Manuel is so laid-back that he doesn't get stressed/uptight about the self-conscious part. I really hope he doesn't get too much culture shock coming to Michigan (BECAUSE HE IS :O), but I think that's a bit of a vain hope- K is so crazy uptight. Anyhow, I've been thinking I should brush up on that Spanish I learned in sixth grade (which means learn Spanish). I know what it's like to be thrown into a country where you don't speak the language or understand the culture (*koff* HUNGARY *koff*), and he won't even have a group of like-minded and languaged people like I did. Even if I can only say "the cat sat on the mat"...

Monkey 2 is at the gusset decreases. Hopefully I'll be able to get a good copy of the Baudelaire pattern soon- knock on wood, if I do I will have risen to the Great Sock Challenge!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.